Hawaiian Chicken Chili
• 3 Organic Chicken Breasts
• 1 Pineapple
• 1 white onion
• 2 Organic Carrots
• 1 can Coconut Milk
• 32 oz. Organic Chicken Broth
• 4 Garlic Cloves
• Coconut Flakes
• Jamaican AllSpice
• Organic Thyme
• Organic Cilantro
• Sea Salt
• 2 Cans Great Northern Beans
• white pepper
1. Cut 1/2 of a pineapple into small cubes. Add to food processor.
2. Puree pineapple until liquified.
3. Cut chicken into cubes. Add to pan. Pour puree'd pinapple over top. Cook chicken.
4. Chop 1/2 onion.
5. When chicken is almost fully cooked, add onion to chicken & pineapple mixture.
6. Add a scoop of Coconut Milk to chicken mixture. Add a tablespoon of white pepper. Add 4 cloves of pressed garlic.
7. Grab a small bunch of cilantro and few sprigs of thyme. Chop them.
8. Add cilantro and thyme to chicken mixture.
9. Once chicken is fully cooked and onions are almost see through, scoop mixture into food processor. Lightly grind food until chicken looks shredded.
10. Grate 2 medium sized carrots finely.
11. Pour in a new pan 1 can of coconut milk, 32 oz. chicken broth, 1 can of water. Add 2 cans Great Northern Beans & Shredded chicken mixture. Mix well. Bring to a boil. Then simmer. Add carrots.
12. In another pan, add 1 cup of water. 1 tsp garlic, 1/4 tsp. cumin, 2 tbsp. coconut flakes, sea salt, 4 dashes of Jamaican Allspice. Add 1/2 cup Long Grain Brown Rice.
13. Cook rice until al dante. (Still slightly crunchy.)
14. Add rice to simmering mixture. Simmer until carrots and rice are cooked thoroughly.
15. Serve with or without organic sour cream.
This Hawaiian Chicken Chili is a twist on the common White Bean Chicken Chili. It will give you the feeling of comfort mixed with the nostalgia of that perfect tropical vacation. You will not be disappointed!
Tuesday, February 4, 2014 - 8:10am