butter to spread
zest of 1 orange
1 tbs orange juice
1/2 cucumber (sliced)
3 large Pecorino tomatoes (or any tomato)
Handful of toasted hazelnuts
Sea salt & black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven at 180 on grill setting.
2. Slice up the baguette and spread some butter. Place them on a baking tray and toast for about 7 minutes or until slightly crisp.
3. Place ricotta in bowl, add orange zest, orange juice and a sprinkle of freshly ground pepper, and mix well.
4. Spread them on the toasted baguettes.
5. Neatly place some sliced cucumber and mint on slices of toasted baguette.
6. For the tomato crostini, place a few drops of balsamic vinegar on a toast with ricotta spread and top with basil and tomato.
7. For the hazelnut crostini, spoon some honey on top of the ricotta and top with hazelnuts.
8. Sprinkle some sea salt over the crostinis and serve.
- The key to good crostini is to let the ingredients speak for themselves so use good quality and fresh ingredients.
- You can use salmon with dill or any other ingredients you prefer. Be creative.
Some easy to make appetizers or snacks that look and taste fresh. The only cooking involved is to toast the bread. The rest is down to the good quality and fresh ingredients, and your dainty hands to make them look pretty.
Monday, August 19, 2013 - 5:39am