Toxic Fumes Kill Woman at McDonalds

September 9, 2011

An 80-year-old woman died after being overcome by toxic fumes in the bathroom of a Georgia McDonald's restaurant. Anne Felton was one of nine people sent to the hospital after inhaling the fumes at the restaurant in the town of Pooler, but tragically passed away the following morning. 

One employee was sent to the hospital and fourteen others had to be decontaminated. Firefighters aren't sure what caused the fumes, but believe the mix of chemicals used to clean the bathroom played some role in the incident. 

"The safety of our customers and employees has and will continue to be our number one concern. Our thoughts and prayers remain with the families who have been impacted," the franchise owners said in a prepared statement. 

Image Sources: