Now that Hurricane Irene has passed and most areas seem to have avoided a potential catastrophe, we can look back at some of the best tweets over the course of the past couple of days. In no particular order.
1. @amNewYork: If you overstocked food in prep for , don't let it go to waste, donate it to the food bank! (@FoodBank4NYC)
2. @AndrewFreiden: How long is the food safe in my fridge without power?
3. @towsendhagen: And now to eat 500 sandwiches and drink the 7 gallons of bottled water in the fridge.
4. @bobpowers1: Took the front door off the hinges. Moved all the food out of the fridge and into the tub.
5. @YuliZ: okay I'm increasing my wine intake to category 2
6. @RachaelMusic: I love how much wine is drinking right now. Such classy hurricane preparedness
7. @kerose22: I love how everyone's reaction to is to cook. Our house: steak, raspberry pie. Pesto for the freezer to save for winter.
8. @sarahfindingfit: Got to pick up fresh eggs at the before hit, thank goodness! Much needed post food!
9. @StacyCowley: Many New Yorkers now face an unprecedented crisis: An entire week's worth of groceries in their fridge
10. @mylastsupper: is coming,we are making a shopping list: chocolate, wine, bread, cheddar, wine, valium, cookies, wine, nothing that needs the fridge