Eggless Nankhatai Biscuits – Easy & Quick Christmas Cookies
All-purpose flour - 200 grams. (1 cup)
Gram flour - 50 grams (1/4 tsp)
Sooji - 50 grams. (1/4 tsp)
Sugar - 200 grams (1 cup)
Ghee - 200 grams (1 cup)
Green cardamom - 8-10
Baking powder – 1tsp
1. Finely grind the sugar in a mixture jar.
2. Transfer sugar and ghee in a big mixing bowl and whisk well.
3. In another bowl add refined flour, gram flour, semolina, cardamom and baking powder.
4. Add this flour mixture to the ghee mixture.
5. Knead to smooth dough. It should be smooth enough to be rolled into cookies.
6.Grease a baking tray with some ghee or oil.
7. Now, pinch small to medium size dough ball from the mixture and roll it a round shape. Flatten the dough ball into a cookie shape and place them on the tray.
8. Repeat the process until the entire mixture is utilized. Keep them aside for 10 to 12 minutes. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
9. Now keep the tray inside the oven and set the oven to 180 degrees centigrade for 15 minutes first. Check and continue baking until the cookies are cooked through and turn golden brown in colour.
10. Take out the tray from oven and let the cookies cool down completely. Nankhatai is now ready.
11. Serve this delicious and mouth-watering nankhatai to your dear ones with steaming hot tea and coffee.
Eggless Nankhatai Biscuits
Easy & Quick Christmas Cookies
Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 1:37am