September 17, 2011
Everybody loves bacon so why not use your favorite flavor profile in your next drink? It's easy to make bacon infused vodka. Here's how:
- 1. Cook 12 pieces of bacon to desired crispiness.
- 2. Take a liter of vodka and pour it into a shallow container with a lid. A baking dish works great.
- 3. Add the bacon, close the lid and let the mixture sit at room temperature for 4-5 days (the alcohol keeps the bacon from going bad).
- 4. Using a colander, strain the liquid to remove bacon and large pieces of grease.
- 5. Place vodka in freezer so oils solidify.
- 6. Using a coffee filter, strain vodka to remove oils. Do this a couple of times, at least. The more you strain the mixture, the less oily the finished vodka will be.